Founded in 1942, Zamorano is an international, private, non-profit university, specialized in higher education in agricultural production, sustainable management of natural resources and the environment, rural transformation for the reduction of poverty and improvement of global competitiveness in agribusiness. Zamorano graduates work in agricultural production, agribusiness, food technology, conservation, government, and academia. The institution is located in Valle del Yeguare, Francisco Morazán, Honduras and is registered in the United States of America as a non-profit corporation and in Honduras it has the character of an International Mission and is recognized by the Council of Higher Education.
Alison Bixby School of Stone
The Alison Bixby Stone School was founded in 1964 to serve preschool grades, one of the buildings adjacent to the employees’ homes was loaned to it by ZAMORANO University and since that date it has promoted from preschool to 9th grade.
- Organizing all educational activities related to the teaching field.
- Policies established in Art. 87 Obligations, Chapter II, p. 49 of the Fundamental Law of Education approved on February 12, 2012, published in La Gaceta.
- Meet the standards established by ABSS for the school year.
- Actively participate in the achievement of COGNIA´s standards to maintain ABSS accreditation.
- Be responsible for the academic load that has been instructed.
- Maintain a proactive relationship with stakeholders.
- Be punctual.
- Promote a positive attitude in achieving institutional goals.
- Lead curricular activities for student learning.
- Support the Academic Mentor / Principal by attending teacher meetings and participating, when necessary, in extracurricular fundraising activities.
- Participate in the professional development days organized by the Academic Mentor / Director.
- Take care of students during recesses at the assigned time.
- Other tasks assigned by the Academic Advisor / Director.
- Weekly plan the classes to be taught.
- Keep the grades registration platform updated.
- Teach face-to-face or virtual classes effectively
- Keep the academic platform for asynchronous work up to date.
- Inform parents about their children’s progress.
- Provide alternative help for students who require it.
- Apply differentiated methodologies both in teaching and evaluation.
- Follow institutional policies in teaching performance.
- Dedicate your best effort to student learning.
- Create a pleasant and fun learning environment.
- Minimum of a Bacherlor´s degree in English, English Education, EFL/ESL, Second Language Acquisition or Linguistics (with an English focus), or TESOL/TEFL.
- Minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- Ability in planning, organizing, directing and controling.
- Procure an analytical mindset.
- Confidentiality with information from the institution.
- Good writing and spelling skills.
- Abilities in oral and written communication in both languages
- Strong interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Organized and able to manage time effectively
- Quality orientation
- Service Culture
- Emotional Intelligence
- Strategy and Planning
- Pedagogical Management
Procedure to apply:
Attach application letter, updated resume with telephone information and emails of at least three professional references. Send the documentation in MS Word or PDF format to the Human Talent Unit: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Reference: English Language Arts Elementary Teacher
The deadline for submitting applications: July 5, 2021
Zamorano does not discriminate based on ethnic origin, race, religion, gender, or national origin in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, financial aid programs, extracurricular activities, employment, or otherwise.