The Environment and Development graduate has a comprehensive education that allows you to understand the natural and social systems.
Environment and Development
The gravest challenges of the world are environmental degradation and poverty. Themes like water scarcity, local governance, poverty reduction, and the productive
Graduates of the Career of Environment and Development are professionals with skills and abilities that generate generate competencies to conceive, design, implement and evaluate actions to the understanding, conservation and productive management of natural resources and the environment for economic development..
- Facilitate understanding between parties in conflict and find equitable solutions for the use and management of natural resources.
- Understand the trends of the environment, define strategic courses of action to improve the environment and mitigate the negative impacts caused by human intervention.
- Quantify and predict the impacts so as to propose, to plan and implement alternative solutions that are viable and consistent with local realities in different scenarios.
- Assume leadership for sustainable development initiatives and productive management of natural resources.
- Understand the productive system as a whole in which pollution prevention is a priority and generate additional economic returns for the private sector.
- Learning through constant renewal, of the models of interpretation of reality and explanatory paradigms of the discipline.