Food Science and Technology graduates are professionals prepared to successfully perform in the food industry sector at regional and global levels
Food Science and Technology
For decades, Latin America has been an exporter of raw materials without having the knowledge or experience to develop these same materials. Through the Food Science and Technology Department, Zamorano trains professionals specialized in processing agricultural products to create added value that addresses regional challenges such as developing emerging economies towards industrialization and strengthening their competitiveness in a globalized world.
The Food Science and Technology Department bases its teaching on practical work, combined with science and research in new technologies in the food industry. It applies a comprehensive training program, integrating basic and agricultural sciences, food technology and engineering, industrial engineering, and business and process management to apply in processing, marketing and added value processes of food products and their related management aspects.
- Transforming agricultural raw materials into value-added products;
- Developing and promoting agro-industrial companies;
- Developing new products;
- Managing and controlling the quality of commodities, transformation processes and final products;
- Promoting food safety and security;
- Commercializing edible and non-edible agricultural products;
- Implementing agro-industrial research or investment projects;
- Contributing to the development of the agro-industrial rural sector; and
- Coordinating and advising agro-industrial projects and programs.